Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Altered Frame

Here is a frame I picked up at Goodwill. I saw it on the shelf and had just the thing in mind for it! First I painted it black to better display the flowers. Then I cut pieces of decorator paper to fit into each frame. I used the Botanical flower PreCut sets from Heartfelt Creations. I stamped them on cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. I didn't worry about staying in the lines, because I would just be cutting them out with the matching Rose Creations Spellbinder die. Then I formed the petals and adhered them to create 3-D Flowers. I stamped some leaves from Heartfelt's Leaf Medley PreCut set, colored them with Copics and cut them out with the Folliage Spellbinder die. I arranged the flowers and leaves how I wanted them in the frames and adhered them in place. I felt that the frames were a little to blank. So I added some Cream Pearls with the Viva Decor Pearl Pen! Be sure to look at the Heartfelt Creations blog. They have some sneak peaks of the stamps that will be released on September 13!!

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Very pretty, love how your flowers matches the frame!

Lisa Lynne said...

This wall hanging is so creative! It is really stunning.

Olena said...

A beautiful design! Lovely.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful altered frame, Heidi! I love the big flower!

Angelica Turner said...

I love this idea, beautiful work.

Jan Hennings said...

Heidi...love your wall hanging!