Monday, March 24, 2014

Welcome Spring

With the warmer weather here and the snow melting a little each day, a feeling of spring is in the air!  Today I am using the Vintage Angel from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.   I didn't want here to be an angel for this card, but a beautiful lady gathering flowers, so I cut off the wings and made her what I wanted.  I used parts of the doily dies from Cheery Lynn for the background.  With these larger doily dies they require more effort to get the entire thing cut out.  Sometimes I don't get every thing cut out the way it should be, so I use the parts that are good and cut off the parts that aren't.  This creates a unique look of it's own.  I added a few score lines with my ScorBuddy and sanded the lines.  Then I added the Welcome Spring sentiment and a few pearls.  Now check out more wonderful ideas from our very creative design team  on the PPRS blog!

1 comment:

Maureen R said...

Lovely card Heidi. It does look very springy. Good idea about the wings! One of these days I'm going to come over to see your shoppe! I'm not that far from you.
Hugs,
Maureen