Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reflections

There is a stamp club at The Stamp Shoppe that meets once a month. If anyone is interested in joining, there are a few spaces left. We meet the second monday night of each month. There are shoe box exchanges, demo techniques, sketch challenges, goodies to create with and a really fun time. This is the reflection technique that I demonstrated at our first meeting. This down and out snowman looks cute looking at his reflection. First you stamp the image onto the cardstock leaving "white" space beneath the image. Then you stamp the image on acetate with dye ink. This will not work with permanent ink. Press the inked side down beneath the original image, leaving a lighter "reflection" image. I colored the original impression with copic directly to the paper. The reflection is colored with the copic blender picking up the color and coloring the second image. Using glitter glue, I covered the "ice" to give the icy appearance.
Here is a sample of the same technique that I used to make a friend's anniversary card. I took the Penny Black clear stamp. I stamped the dog on the white cardstock. Then I did the reflection of the dog to look like two dogs in love. The reflection is definitely lighter, so I used my black fine line pen to trace the second dog, so the image was as dark as the first. Then I colored the dogs with Copics. Here is that Cosmo Cricket paper from the paper pack you've seen before. With the stripes of the paper, you don't need a whole lot more on the background. Happy stamping!!

No comments: