Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dancing Doily Lace Border Die

Today, I am using the Love is in the Air stamp from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  I colored it with Copic Markers, then cut out the image with an oval die.  I left the die over the paper and sponged clouds on the background, then removed the die.  I wanted to have a decorative edge around the die, but I didn't have one to fit.  IDEA...I made a decorative oval from a border die.  I used the Dancing Doily Lace Border die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I then added adhesive to the back of the oval cardstock.  I did small snips at each repeat section so that I could bend and turn the lacy border.  I adhered each section until I made it around the oval.  For this piece I needed two lacy border strips.  I will do a tutorial next week with this technique with step by step pictures to make this more clear!  Hope you enjoy the inspiration this week on the PPRS blog!

No comments: