Thursday, April 3, 2014

April Inspirations


We're already into April, and no foolin', the Dream Team has a spectacular month planned for you.  The month is filled with news and inspiration for all your crafting dreams.  The exciting news will be announced in the Dream It Up! blog on April 17th, but the "April Inspirations" challenge will continue through the entire month.  Each team member will post what inspires them in their creative life...maybe a Pinterest pic, a magazine, a quote, a book, a place, an artist, a crafter friend...along with their inspiration.  We are hoping that you will feel inspired as well, and link your projects (and inspiration) to the inlinz tool on the Dream It Up! blog.

Here is my inspiration:

http://craftingtheweb.blogspot.com/2011/05/sympathetic-dragonflies.html

Here is what I made:
First I cut out a rectangle from a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" text weight paper.  Then I placed it over the white card stock.  I used the Copic Airbrush to create my colored block using YR04, YR18, E25.  Then I removed the mask and pasted the sentiment over the card with Black Matte Paste.  Then on a separate piece of card stock, I used black paste over the Cattails.  Once the paste was dry, I then used the Cocoa and Ivy Garden F/X powders on the cattails.  Finally, I cut out the cattails and popped them up over the card and stamped the flying birds from Northwoods Rubber Stamps.
 
Check out what our Guest Designer and the "A" team has been inspired by for this week:
Janelle Stollfus (Guest Designer)


12 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Beautiful Heidi. Such a peaceful card.

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is beautiful and a great match to your inspiration piece!

Janeen said...

this is beautiful Heidi. I will have to learn how to use that FX powder from you.

Louise said...

I love this Heidi! So beautiful and serene! Great job.

rose s. said...

luv both of these cards - your inspiration and your take on it. one is feminine and yours is a terrific masculine card. I always enjoy seeing different interpretations of the same idea.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is lovely, Heidi! Sympathy cards are always difficult for me, but you have captured the essence of compassion with your images and sentiment. AMAZING job.

Katia said...

wow, is a fantastic inspiration, is so lovely and beautiful job!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Those cattails are definitely an inspiration! The depth you created on your card with a colorful sky and cattails in the foreground really is beautifully balanced. Super design!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Heidi...this is beautiful! I love the inspiration piece as well. Reminds me of a lake in Minnesota or Wisconsin or my home state...South Dakota.

Unknown said...

What a lovely serene card -perfect for the sentiment.

Laura Drahozal said...

I like the way that you were inspired by the depiction of place. Very nice. The peaceful feeling it conveys is perfect for a sympathy card.

Terrece said...

Heidi, very creative interpretation. I love the background and the cattails are perfect. Will have to try it!